- This event has passed.
Post Secondary Anxiety Workshop
August 25, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
One event on August 26, 2017 at 9:00am
Test anxiety? Homesick? Run down? Meltdown? Been here?
Friday August 25th, 6pm to 8pm & Saturday August 26th, 9am to 3pm
Post-Secondary Anxiety Struggles: Preventative planning workshop
Maybe last year didn’t go so well. Maybe you want to prepare for the first year away. Maybe you just want to make the most of your tuition dollars.
Created specifically for the rigors post-secondary students face, in this brief intensive workshop you’ll learn the biomechanics of stress and techniques to overcome it. You’ll learn what successful learners do, and how to access your own memory cache when everything around you seems to be crashing. Better yet, you’ll learn how to structure your life to create a calm that avoids the storm.
Based on principles from Dialectical Behavior Therapy (for the treatment of emotional dysregulation) and Mindfulness practices, the skills you learn here you’ll carry with you for life.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- The Physiology of Stress: Where It Comes From, And Why It Can Be Such a Jerk (Because to Know It Is to Overcome It)
- When Stress Is Good: How to Make the Most of a Bad Thing
- How Memory Works: Studying and Testing Techniques of Successful Learners
- How to Access What You Know During Fight, Flight or Freeze.
- Self-Care: Giving Your Body a Break and How It Pays You Back in Grades
- What to Say When You Talk to Yourself: The Power of Positive (And Negative) Self-Talk
- What to Say When You Talk to Others (And How to Say It): Effective Communications When Stressed.
- The Science of “Ommmmm”: Mark Brown Teaches You How to Improve Your Focus, Your Memory, And Your Sense of Well-Being.
Download the brochure (click here)