Friends and Family Group
July 20 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30pm on Thursday, happening 6 times
*Start date: July 20, 2017—runs for 6 weeks
Friends and Family Group Sessions provide information about the underpinning factors causing Borderline Personality Disorder and helpful insights; along with strategies to address the stress and worry that accompany living with a person with BPD.
This is a six week education and support series that provides:
- education about the disorder & treatment options
- effective methods of communicating with your loved one
- how to disarm anger and validate emotional responses
- learn how to ‘set limits’ using Dialectical Behavioral Therapy strategies
- learn coping methods and how to work toward rebuilding safety and trust
- learn about “radical acceptance”
The series is not for persons with BPD. A separate ‘DBT skills group’ is offered for persons with BPD. The series is not meant to replace individual consultation or therapy.
Max. group size: 12
Participants are strongly encouraged to attend all sessions. Participants do not need to have a relative in therapy at InnerSolutions.
If you are interested in attending this Family and Friends Group Session, please contact us or kindly fill out our Self-Referral Form to be assessed for suitability and to determine if there is a spot available. All participants must sign-up with Inner Solutions prior to attending. The Family Skills Training Workshop Pamphlet and Self Referral Form must be completed to enroll in this series:
Family Skills Training Workshop Pamphlet (Download)
Fill out & submit the Self Referral Form (click here)